Fero Feritas, the Druid, is a halfling with a deep connection to the natural world.
Fero is a wild-eyed, messy-haired and unshaven halfling of about 4'8". He wears leather hides from various animals, all practical and weathered. In both halfling and animal form, he has a mark from his shoulder up to his lower neck which appears similar to quartz and rock.
Prior to departing from Rosemerrow for the New Archives with the Mountain Party, Fero purchased a new set of intricate leather armor which is made up of a bunch of different leather pieces woven together in a complicated way, with one big pocket. He also took this opportunity to spend some coin on getting his hair cut and beard trimmed.
|“||Running from the bitterness of barely remembered nostalgia for the old ways, whatever those were, Fero cloaks himself in new wilderness of his land, wandering and learning. Walking in shadow and step with the beasts of the woods and mountains for so long Fero hardly noticed when he became one himself. This new world may look like the old one, but Fero will not go back. He bears this new wilderness upon him.||”|
–Characters, Friends at the Table official site
Fero's alignment is Chaotic. To receive experience, he must "Pull the weeds of the past out by the roots."[note 1]
The spirits spoke to me of a great danger that follows Hadrian.(Fero disagrees with Hadrian's belief in bringing things back to the way they were before the Erasure)
Lem King has tasted my blood and I theirs. We are bound by it.(Metaphorically speaking - the two have gone into battle together)
I think Hella smells more like prey than hunter.
The Great Fantasmo has something to teach me.
Hella's ethics are not lining up with what I believe in.
Lem King is a true friend, and might get us all killed.
Lem King only thinks I can help myself when it suits him.
- Prince Ephrim and I might agree, but we might not be right.
- I HATE LEM KING.
|“||Hi, I was passing by and I'm very powerful. Would you like to be saved?||”|
–Fero, "Undelivered Resignations"
- Born of the Soil: Fero learned his magic in the towering mountains, whose spirits are strong and ancient No matter where he goes, their spirits live within him and allow him to take the shape of any animal native to the mountains.
- By Nature Sustained: Fero does not need to eat or drink, though he still likes to when food is available.
- Spirit Tongue: Fero can understand any animal native to his land or one whose essence he has studied.
- Balance: When Fero deals damage, he takes balance that he can then use to touch someone and heal them.
- Red of Tooth and Claw: Fero's damage is increased when in the form of a dangerous animal.
- Thing-talker: Fero can apply his spirit tongue and shapeshifting to plants and rocks as well as animals.
- Shed: If Fero is hurt while shape-shifted, he can revert to his halfling form to avoid injury.
- Communion of Whispers: When Fero spends time in a place, making note of the resident spirits and calling upon the spirits of the land, he can be granted a vision of significance to the spirits and himself.
Shapeshifter Forms Edit
- Domesticated animals
- Giant eagle
- Giant vole
- Komodo dragon
- Living sand
- Ragged bow and arrows
- Shortsword and shield
- Ornate throwing knives from the Tower of Severea on Eventide Island, with pearl inlay on spine and birds-eye maple handle
- Orcish fillet knives
- Halfling pipeleaf
The name "Fero Feritas" comes from Latin words meaning 'I bring/bear' and 'wilderness'.
- ↑ The original phrasing of Fero's alignment was "Destroy a symbol of the old civilization."
|Fantasmo · Fero · Hadrian · Hella · Lem · Throndir · Aubrey · Castille · Hitchcock · Sige · Adaire · Ephrim|